So many of us ask what’s missing and what’s next? What am I meant to be doing? How do I find meaning and contribute in a way that’s fulfilling and makes a difference?
Losing track of a long forgotten part of yourself is completely normal after a lifetime of chasing success in a career, caring for others and being everything to everyone.
Then something gives rise to a yearning to ‘redefine’ for yourself what success really means. Our society tells us that our title at work defines how successful we are. How true is that really?
What does success really mean when it comes to work?
What if THE CHOSEN WORK YOU DO IN THE WORLD and HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT is a reflection of the quality of your life!
After all, you spend SO much time at work.
You may as well make it count!
If the work you’re in has you feeling like there MUST be something more but you can’t quite grasp what it is, or how to get it, it’s time to pay attention!
This culture has taught you that ‘more is good’, that juggling every ball and ‘doing it all’ means you’re worthy and that you are successful.
What if success wasn’t OUT THERE? What if it was a FEELING instead of a title?
You might have spent years making sure you’re pleasing your boss, your company, your spouse, your kids, and putting yourself on the back burner….and lost a part of yourself.
So, it’s time to reconnect with yourself to start finding out what you are MEANT to do!
How do you even start you ask?
Here are 6 ways to start!
1. Re-evaluate where you’ve been, where you are now and where you want to go. It’s time to recapture your vitality, your self-confidence, your real value, and reacquaint yourself with what makes your heart and soul sing.
2. Get really honest and intimate about where you spend your time and energy, and start to make conscious choices about how to better harness that energy in support of creating what you want.
3. Learn to say ‘no’ to external demands, and cultivate the internal fortitude to say ‘yes’ to putting yourself first without guilt. When you begin to set aside unwritten time for you, you’ll start to hear your own gut instincts and intuition when they’re talking. Even if you’re feeling like you’re out of practice, it’s just a muscle that needs exercise.
4. Be willing to be uncomfortable enough to give up the status quo even if it means treading into unknown territory without knowing what you’re going to find. Getting out of a rut isn’t easy because it’s simple to measure what you think you’ll lose, but you can’t YET measure what you can’t see.
5. Get some support to work through letting go of the past and turning it into the fuel that will create CLARITY for you. Aka learning what you REALLY want kind of livelihood you REALLY want!
6. Re-evaluate your relationship with money. Money is energy and you can use it as a tool to step into your own ‘enoughness’ when you shift from a lack mentality (so many of us have grown up with this) to one of abundance.
Give yourself permission to take it one step at a time. You don’t have to address all these things at once.
Consider each and every new thought or step you take a WIN that moves you toward taking charge of YOUR life and livelihood. One step toward saying YES to yourself and NO to the work you no longer love.
If you want to take a deeper dive into any of these 6 ways to redefine success for yourself, book a Free Career Activation Session with me. We’ll discuss you’re biggest challenge and the first step to start turning it around so that you can start making YOUR life count!